Monday, September 23, 2013

The Circuit of Life

There comes a time in every computer's life where the years begin to show. Maybe he doesn't start up quite as fast as he used to. Maybe the fans groan under the pressure of full-screen where once they were silent. When that day comes, they come before a crossroads: Do we trade him in for a younger, stronger, beefier model? Or do we upgrade, give him shiny new insides, maybe clean out the hard drive?

My dear, loyal PC is before these very crossroads himself. The years have been kinder to him than others, but I have needs. Needs he simply can't satisfy anymore. Namely the need to play Guild Wars 2, Left 4 Dead, and other games on a setting higher than 'vague polygons' and with load times faster than 'the second coming'. 

Come on, little dude, wake up. I gotta load in before I get kicked to the overflow world...

That said I am eagerly awaiting my brand-spankin' new video card and RAM coming in the mail this week, meaning this weekend's gaming will be TEH EPIC.

Prepare yourselves, more PC titles are comin' 'round the bend!

No comments:

Post a Comment