Tuesday, September 10, 2013

All of my Rage

A Terrible Tuesday today has been indeed.

Loading up the personal hell that is Dark Souls this afternoon, I had a feeling of empowerment. I had recently increased the effectiveness of my armor and weapon, and today the first thing I did was further improve my dear claymore further, to a +4. I truly felt as though the gargoyles would be mine. After all, if not for my impromptu low altitude skydive last time I probably would have beat them. I turned human and made my way up the chapel.

First three hollows outside the chapel: Dead. The three Balder Knights inside the chapel: Dead. The wave of Crimson Quackers at the top of the stairs: Weird. Creepy. Also dead. During this time I barely took a hit, sustaining a small wound from the first Balder Knight. Nothing much, not enough to require healing before entering the Gargoyle's fog door, leaving me at full estus flasks for the big fight.

I stood before the fog door contemplating my position. Just for a second. Yup, I was ready. I spotted Solaire of Astora's summon sign. I walked to it, and began the summons. 

------Summoning Knight Solaire------

------Dark Spirit Jackass-Mc Ruin-Your-Day is Invading------

Wait, wut?

Speed 'er up, Solaire...
And then it was over. I was dead. Before Solaire could even finish materializing, I was dead.

I sat there for a solid 30 seconds, thinking about what had just happened. Then it hit me.

MOTHER @&%*ING PKER!!!!!!

I was told I couldn't be invaded during my first play through!!!!!!! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING NOW!?!?!?!

I was soooooo close!!! I could have had the Gargoyles this time!!

Invasions, like summoning NPC help (like Solaire) can happen only when a player has reversed their hollowing and become human again. Players elsewhere can invade a humanized player's game to either help or, like this jerk, kill you. Usually they go with the second option.


------Knight Solaire has been Summoned------

All of my rage. All of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment