Friday, September 13, 2013

Oinking Ants/ Day two

I will be strong...I can't quit out of two games in a row...I-will-be-strong...

The opening cinematic to Jet Force Gemini made me dizzy. No, really. Between the oddly close camera, it's wildly erratic and quick movements, and the already blurry graphics, my head started spinning and it spun fast.

Oink oink SHREIEEEEEK!?
The heroes, near as I can tell, are two twits and a dog. In a space ship. One of the twits has terrible blue hair. The other one might. Not sure, he's wearing a helmet. The enemies, near as I can tell, are giant blue ants. They squeal like piggies when you shoot them. It's hilarious

From what I can see it won't be a bad game, just severely dated. I received zero information in the beginning (something that could be rectified had I had the manual that came with the game, an assumption I'm sure the creator's had in mind). Instead a random voice steals the camera for a while, explaining things I hadn't seen yet, but not what I had already seen. It looks like it'll be awesome after a while, I just hope my assumption is correct.

I hope to make this a swift play through.

Anime Challenge: THE SECOND DAY:
My favorite anime so far
*spoilers DUH*

This answer is a bit trickier, in that it requires an explanation.

My favorite anime of all time is a combination of the original Fullmetal Alchemist and Brotherhood.

The original series was created before the manga from which is was based had finished, leaving the show's writers to fill in the story themselves (something the author, Hiromu Arakawa, specifically requested), while Brotherhood follows the (now completed) manga. Both series start off the same, breaking off from each other into radically different paths after the death of Maes Hughes.

Now what do I mean by combination? I loved the overall much darker feel in the first show. Watching Roy Mustang's descent into despair after the death of his closest friend was incredibly powerful. I also loved the Homunculi's origin in the original, although only parts of it (keep that they're made from failed human transmutation, nix the part about Trisha being Sloth, because what sense did that make?). I also really liked the identity of Envy and his final showdown with Edward, and the tie-ins with war torn Germany.

From Brotherhood I would take Von Hohenheim and everything included in this incarnation's backstory. Original Hohenheim was kinda...awful. Also, anything coming out of Fort Briggs (General Armstrong wooooooo!). And finally, watching Mustang utterly obliterate Lust was just...wow.

Whats your favorite anime?

2 comments:

  1. First off, I have to say that so far I have only seen the first Full Metal Alchemist, but I still loved it. I think my favorite character in that is Def. Mustang.

    My favorite anime? Well that would be a hard one. I love a ton of anime. Sailor moon, card captors, inuyasha, yu yu hakusho, fruits basket, chobits, tenchi, and so so so many more. But I think, for my favorite, a tie would be between Outlaw Star (a show that inevitably led to the middle name of my daughter) and Cowboy Bebop. Yes, yes both of those do just fine as my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. see, after posting this I caught up with Attack on Titan...and DAMN is it making a helluva argument for the top spot...

    ReplyDelete