Saturday, September 14, 2013

Day the Third

The Thirty Day Anime Challenge: THE THIRD DAY
My Favorite Male Character
*spoilers DUH*

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhn why you get so hard 30 Day Challenge? You've been so easy so faaaaaaaaaar.

Oh damn where to start...It doesn't help that I tend to only like male characters...Women in anime are far too quick to either whip out the panty-butt-shot scene or fall victim to some bullshit kidnapping scheme that never should have worked in the first place (you just single-handedly felled a giant beast of legend! How did that bitch catch you?! Just cut his bitch head off and be done with it!!!), after which time she is resigned to a fate of sighing morosly while wearing clothing made entirely of fan service (I'm looking at you, Asuna).

Favorite male character...Well always I have to at least mention Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist (dreamy sigh), but I'll try to get away from FMA for a while.

Oh, I know, Yoichi Hiruma, from the football anime Eyeshield 21.

I love everything about this guy.  His charactr design is brilliant, sporting pointed teeth and ears among normal humans in a non sci-fi or fantasy setting. Hiruma starts the show as a sort of psudo villain, with an evil reputation within his high school and a penchant for firing off high caliber assult rifles on campus. He blackmails people into doing his bidding and isnt above straight up kidnapping. But as the story goes on you learn that while he is absolutely nuts, hes dedicated and loyal, especially to his team.

He does all this while remaining absolutely hilarious.

Who is your favorite male character?

UPDATE:

Yesterday I said my favorite anime right now was Fullmetal Alchemist.  In the short time since that post I have caught up on the anime Attack on Titan and OMG GO WATCH IT IT IS TEH 'MAZING!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Favorite Male Character?? It would be easier to choose a favorite female character. Holy cow.

    Let's see.. Gene Starwind.. no no.. Spike.. no.. Sesshoumaru.. hm.. favorite male, favorite male...

    Kurama!!

    Gotta love Kurama. Now I am not talking Yoko Kurama or Suichi Minamino type Kurama. I mean BOTH. The deadly, sexy, silver-haired foxy and the sweet, intelligent but equally dangerous red headed highschool student.

    I love his passion for his mother and his friends and his intricate knowledge and smarts. Plus.. Yoko.. mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeeeeeeeeeh if we're going from Yu Yu Hakusho then Hiei's where it's at. I don't care for the 'pretty' boys very much...

    ReplyDelete