Sunday, September 15, 2013

Day Four and a Promise

The Thirty Day Anime Challenge: THE FOURH DAY
My Favorite Female Character
*spoilers DUH*

As I mentioned yesterday, I have a tendency to dislike female characters on the whole. They are generally...well, girly. With stupid girl problems like boys and bullshit. And I don't like that. I like my protagonists of the ass-kicking variety. 

Ok, pinky-promise I'll try harder to stay away from Fullmetal Alchemist from now on, but you cannot go wrong with Riza Hawkeye and Olivier Armstrong, both from Fullmetal. Both are ass-kickers of the highest degree. Period. While they have the occasional emotional lapse, a moment of weakness, if you will, it is my personal theory that it is merely their ploy to convince us mere mortals that they too are totally human, and not of a race of super-powered mutant badasses. 

 I have plans to cosplay as Armstrong int he future, and have been to a panel featuring Colleen Clinkenbeard, Hawkeye's voice actress. 'Twas awesome.

I do have one more addition to my list: Mikasa Ackerman from Attack on Titan. Because squeezing that much badass fury into a tiny human form is nothing less than gloriously awesome. Also probably magic. 

Who is your Favorite Female Character? 

Check out tomorrow, for a comic awaits!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Favorite female character is a little easier. I mean, I have more then one but not nearly as difficult as picking a favorite male.

    Melfina from Outlaw Star. Not only did I name my first real and longtime pet after her but while naming my daughter's middle name after this long time best friend of mine, her middle name became this as well.

    Melfina is, yes, somewhat of a girly girl but there is something about her. I don't know. He voice, her history and lack of knowing who she truly is. Maybe it is her strength at the end of the series, helping Gene overcome his feelings of loss and weakness. But she is indeed my favorite female anime character.

    ReplyDelete