Tuesday, August 27, 2013

For whom the bell tolls


I have been to the roof top! I have fought the vicious gargoyle fiends! With the knight Solaire by my side, I knew I had but one option...Victory!!

Or, ya know, a second option: Falling off the roof to my death. Cause that can happen. *grumps*

Killing the bastard priest guy in the Undead Chapel (dance this off jackass!) and actually surviving the crimson quacker doggy pile that followed, I was finally at the gargoyle's foggy doorstep. I was ready. I had enhanced the protective abilities of my armor by one, and the attack of my claymore by 2. I was (and have been for some time) higher level than necessary, with nearly full health and full estus flasks (the method of healing in this game...it's kinda like drinking bottles fire...no, really). As added insurance I regained my humanity and summoned my new bestest buddy Solaire. 

I.Was.Ready.

The moment the first gargoyle touched down I ran to him. I did my best to dodge, roll, and block his attacks, both by air and by sky. Jumping in behind him I managed what I figured impossible and cut off his tail, granting me the Gargoyle Tail Axe. Cool beans.


But as soon as he saw his buddy playing the part of tennis ball in a weird game between two humans, the second gargoyle hopped down to play. It didn't matter, The first walking pigeon roost was without a tail, and nearly dead...

And then I fell off the roof. I didn't roll off. I didn't dodge too far. I just back-peddled right off the edge. Apparently, gargoyle rooftop battle grounds don't come equipped with safety rails.

...*siiiiiiiiiigh*

For whom does the bell toll?

Not me, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment