Friday, August 9, 2013

Ew ew eeeeewwwwwwww

*Sigh*

That was one of the most painfully frustrating boss fights I have been through...In a long, long time.

After waiting the obligatory three minutes at the waterfall, I entered Master Belch's lair. Several weird Fluff and Slime battles later I found the Belch himself. More of a pile of puke than a burp, Master Belch immediately blew his nasty breath right in my face, poisoning Ness. Yay continuous damage!! The ensuing battle quickly became a disgusting, nasty mess, both literally and figuratively.

I quickly blew through most of my power points, trying to pump as much damage as possible into the puke pile quickly. As I laid into him full force Belch summoned a bunch of weird little slimes that, besides burping in my face and blinding me, I didn't consider as much of a threat. Yet.

Unfortunately I was wrong. With all three of my idiot triplets blind and completely out of PP, The fight went from actiony to a slow, sludgy mess. I was only able to make contact with Belch every five or so tries, while he gorged himself on the fly honey I handed him rather than attack me. This alone would make for a slow, frustrating battle, but it would be a battle I could easily win. Then his little slime friends decided they wanted to play too.

Where before they did nothing but burp and puke on me, trying to cause status effects I was already suffering from, they suddenly started doing damage. Alot of damage, considering at this point I literally had no healing capability. Paula died. Then Jeff. Ness finally manned up and stopped taking Nausea damage, but he too was quickly succumbing to the slime's attacks, which mercifully and annoyingly only came every couple of turns. Blind and near dead, I finally killed Belch.

A Pepto bath and one cup of roofied coffee later, I was back on the road...To adventure!!!

2 comments: