Saturday, August 10, 2013

Crispy Cat

I am a gamer of a, shall we say, fragile temperament, and thus am particularly subject to what experts call 'Gamer Rage'.

The 'Gamer Rage', or GR, has a number of symptoms, such as irritability, sore throat (from screaming) and a sudden, temporary case of Tourette's syndrome. While the symptoms of GR often leave as quickly as they came, their effect can be felt for long after the patient has recovered. Broken controllers, smashed screens, and angry loved ones are often the unwitting victims when a gamer is overtaken by GR.

That said, I can't stand status effects. I simply can't. And yet I have encountered little else since I stepped foot in this damn sandbox. The enemies paralyze and poison me. Even the map itself is getting in on the action, causing sunstroke if I've strayed from the road for too long. Know what else I hate? Caves. Spelunking into the depths has resulted again and again in the same mess: Sunstroked and poisoned, I limp through the literal maze of paths trying to find the five mole bosses who need to die, like, now.

Now, I've only found two of these moles so far, but strangely both claimed to be the third strongest of the group..with a big number 3 behind them and everything. Insultingly both were chumps, resulting in a quick fight, and me dragging my half dead body back to the surface while screaming at my lack of &%@$ing wet towels.

I think I'm upsetting my cats. Their ears tend to be sensitive to high pitched noises, not unlike the shrill nonsense exploding out of me. I'll pick this back up later *crawls half dead back to Fourside*.

No comments:

Post a Comment