Sunday, July 14, 2013

Whoops!

No post in two days? I'm off to an awesome start!

The last two days have been a bit hectic, getting ready for the LARP event yesterday. I seriously underestimated how long it would take to wash a van full of tabards and other costuming. I also massively underestimated how long it would take to paint a baby's room, a fact which hindered me from completing the tabards in time for the event yesterday *meh shrug*.

Tomorrow I am going to perform a rarity: play a game I have never played before. I generally stick to my usuals, games I have played over and over and over again. I have played to completion Legend of Zelda Majora's mask and Ocarina of Time more times than I can recall, but I have never even touched 90% of our game collection. Perhaps the worst (and most hilarious) example of this is my strange relationship with Skyrim.

I have over 600 hours between 3 characters, one of which takes up 400 of those hours. Yet as many days and weeks as I have spent in the Nord homeland, I have yet to actually beat the primary story line on ANY character. I have also avoided completing Dragonborn and Dawnguard, completing MAYBE 50% of any main story quest sequences.

So what could I possibly be doing during those 600 hours? Killing goats. Sure I kill other things, and I have finished a ton of side stories (thieves guild, Dark Brotherhood), but I spend an embarrassing amount of time killing small harmless animals and rearranging my houses.

So, tomorrow I will try something new. Depending on how I am feeling, I will either play Shadow of the Colossus (if I'm feeling good) or Dark Souls (if I decide that I hate myself). Either way I'm working outside of my nice comfortable box.

Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment