Sunday, July 28, 2013

I've been a bad Cat

Okay! Sorry for the lack of posts, I've been...busy? *mumbles something* ANYWAY!

More than anything my lack of posting has a lot to do with the fact that I reaaaaaaaaaaally don't want to play the game I said I would next: Dark Souls. While I could take the easy route and just not play it, I do feel it is an important experience I should have. The game is brutal in every way, shape and form, but at the same time I will admit it is a good game. But at my heart I am a rage gamer, and more than once during my brief play through I would launch a full verbal assault against the TV, calling into question the game's moral fiber as well as insinuation at it's mother's promiscuity. I can't handle that level of hateful commitment long term (and I run out of insults rather quickly, devolving into shouts of 'poopy-pants' and 'jerk-wad' alarmingly fast), so I'll have to ration my pain-fuel.

Because I am absolutely sure that this game will cause my blood pressure to spike so bad it shoots out of my ears, I have determined I will only play it on Mondays. Hence-forth called Monday Madness, I will play games that for whatever reason make me want to punch just all the babies. The rest of the week will be my recuperation period.

Tomorrow I will jump back into Dark Souls, with the goal of at the very least defeating the Taurus Demon before the day's end. On Tuesday I'll start Earthbound, a RPG from the Super Nintendo era. Consider this a sort of scientific experiment, akin to Jane Goodall's time with the chimpanzees. I have mostly avoided playing due to the overwhelming fanboy explosions I suffered anytime the game is mentioned in the company of many of my friends, with Aaron being the alpha-fanboy in this particular...herd? Flock? Gaggle? Yeah, I like gaggle. Gaggle of fan-boys.

Now to brush up on my Ragenese, for tomorrow, I die!!!

Again and again and again and again...

No comments:

Post a Comment