Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Three 4 One Deal

I've got a good excuse this time. I haven't been posting because I've not been playing free games, and I'd rather be unreliable than a liar.

Instead I've been enduring the long push from level 70 to 80 with my Charr Warrior on Guild Wars 2. She's riiiiiiight theeeeeeeeere, so I've been a bit preoccupied. Since I've once again been a bad blogger, and because my usual squirt bottle is currently empty, I'm making up for my transgressions with three, technically four, games instead of one. Evens out, right?

All of today's entries come from good old Kongregate, a site I've come to lean on quite a bit since starting on my free quest. Does that make me lazy? Probably, but who cares.

Don't worry...Most of this is mine. 
My first game came directly from the homepage: Dojo of Death. You are the white ninja, defending your pixelated dojo from other ninjas hell bent on your messy demise. Or something, there isn't much to this one. Click in a direction to launch yourself blade first. The game seems deceptively easy, but sometimes an arrow in the back of your head proves otherwise.

Play It or Pass It: Play it. It's a great time waster, super easy to pick up with little to no downtime between rounds.

But Dojo of Death is a bit similar to my usual fare, so let's see what looks different... Hmm, Gun Disassembly looks good. While I myself don't particularly care for guns, I come from a family that does. It's kinda the same thing, right?

This...isn't a game. It's a detailed simulation...of taking guns apart, and putting them back together. It looks great, with pretty decent 3D models of the firearms floating in a skybox. I spent my (very short) time 'playing' just clicking on an AK-47 until it came apart...then I clicked some more when it needed to go back together. Riveting.

Play It or Pass It: Depends. If you want to play something with guns, stick to shooters.

With that...um...interesting pick muddying my thoughts, my brain ran for the safety of comedy and cuteness. Burrito Bison looked adorable, what with gummy bears being the apparent antagonists and all.

Burrito Bison is an upgradable launching game, just like Learn to Fly from earlier this month. It starts with a musclebound bison grocery shopping before being sucked into a bag of gummy bears, where he must fight (?) his way back out. Like Learn to Fly, you launch yourself into the air, trying to gain as much distance and altitude as possible, bouncing off gummy bear spectators to get more distance and/or money. Buy upgrades to fly faster and bounce higher.

I also looked into Burrito Bison's Revenge, which shows our bovine buddy free from the gummy bag. But whats this? He left his wallet behind! How can he pay for his grocerys now? So back into the bag he goes, flying through a now derelict stadium.

Play It or Pass It:  Play it. It's fun and adorable, even more so than Learn To Fly. It did, however, make me crave gummies like nobody's business.

Wanna play any of these? Here are the links!

Dojo of Death: http://www.kongregate.com/games/nicotuason/dojo-of-death?acomplete=dojo+of
Burrito Bison: http://www.kongregate.com/games/JuicyBeast/burrito-bison
Burrito Bison's Revenge: http://www.kongregate.com/games/JuicyBeast/burrito-bison-revenge

And if you want to, you know, takes firearms apart... Here's this too.... *shrug*

http://www.kongregate.com/games/vklimov/gun-disassembly?acomplete=gun+di

HOURS OF SEAT-OF-YOUR-PANTS GAMEPLAY!!!

Sidenote! 

The links don't seem to work, but copying and pasting should work. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment