Monday, January 27, 2014

Happy Hemorrhaging

WARNING! The following game is a bit...Gorey.

Happy Wheels is a game I've wanted to play for a while now, and with Free in '14 month coming to a close in a couple days, now's as good a time as any.

I...I don't really know how to explain Happy Wheels...Most of its content is user generated, meaning the levels are created by anyone and everyone. The most basic theme is avoid the obstacles and make it to the finish line alive, or throw object A at target B and pray it doesn't fall in trap C resulting in insta-death from weapon/giant rock/missile D.

It's death by my hand or the spinning axes below us. Choose, worm.


Level difficulty runs from 'nap in the park' to 'God, oh God why is this happening?'. At least three of the levels I played required little to no input from me, while others resulted in my impaling myself head first mere inches from the start point. Lost limbs are almost guaranteed. Character selection ranges from fat guy on a lawnmower to an old man to Santa Claus in his sleigh. Level design ranges from riding a bicycle across a sea of glass bottles to navigating a swiftly narrowing funnel of spikes. Each level comes with complementary 50 gallons of blood.

Play It or Pass It: Play it. As I said before, the game has a thing for blood, and the controls are (to me) awkward as hell. Despite that the game is also one of the most hilarious things I've ever played.

Strap on your helmet and grab your elves, here's the link!

http://www.totaljerkface.com/happy_wheels.php

No comments:

Post a Comment