Wednesday, January 15, 2014

CATastrophe!

Every once in a while one finds a game that speaks to them in some way. Maybe that game made them laugh or cry. Maybe they saw some of themselves within the protagonist, something which added to both the fun and immersion of the game.

 For me, that game is Catlateral Damage.

You play as an asshat cat bent on vengeance for being locked in a bedroom (presumably. True motive is neither known nor important). Jump from the bed to the desk, from tables to shelves, laying waste to every upright object in your path. WASD to move. Left mouse controls the left paw, and the right mouse button controls the right. Space to jump. Two minutes to rack up 100,000 points. Two glorious minutes of absolutely wrecking some poor bastard's bedroom.

I wonder if I can hit the TV from here...

I once spent nearly an entire game smacking a single book around on top of the bed. Two whole minutes of book beating. I spent another trying fruitlessly to jump on a (slightly too high) shelf. Only once in my dozens of games have I reached 100,000 points, but I'll be damned if I care.

In my last game I spent 30 seconds stuck in a trash can, then another 45 seconds trying to smack a coat hanger. Almost had it too...

Play It or Pass It: PLAAAAAAY IIIIT. It's a hilarious look into kitty's life while you aren't home, and once you discover how addicting knocking crap over is, maybe you won't yell at Mr. Mitten's quite so much next time he does it.

Or maybe you will. That's Mr. Mitten's problem.

Play the alpha here!

http://www.catlateraldamage.com/play

No comments:

Post a Comment