Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Is that a tentacle on your back or are you just here to murder me?

DOM........DOM............DOM..........DOM.....

Slender: the Eight Pages. Lights off. Headphones in, volume up. All alone. Lets dance, Slendy.

The forest is dark, the sky clear. I catch the occasional glimpse of stars between the branches. All is quiet save for the occasional cricket song or gentle gust of wind. I click on my flashlight, dim as it may be, and head what I can only assume is North.

Ahead I can make out a clearing with a large tree in the middle. I walk around its base, and find a piece of paper with the words HELP ME in large crooked letters.

DOM

DOM

DOM

The music changes, the subtlety replaced with a deep pounding base. Mkaaaaaaaaaaay, my nice walk through the woods got a little bit more...Creepy.

I got lost quickly, with nothing but trees for as far as I can see, which with the fog and dim flashlight isn't far. I go a good five minutes without a single landmark to speak of, let alone a page or Slendy.

An old pickup truck with a red cab comes into view, with a page tacked to it's tailgate. Progress! But as I plunge back into the trees I am suddenly grabbed and swung around to the right, coming face to face with his Slendiness himself. SUNNUVABEEEECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The blood in my veins was suddenly and violently replaced with needles. God damn it!!!

Ok, get it back together....Focuuuuuuus. I don't know if my spawn point is random each time, or if my bearings are truly screwed, but I don't find the tree again. Or the red truck. Instead a large tank looms into view, one of many in a group. I zig and I zag among them, but no page. There is a building just beyond them, surely somethings in there...

Nope. Just Slendy, scaring the bejeezes out of me with a loud GONG in my ear as I turn a corner. Nope nope nope nope nope I think I'll take my chances OUTSIDE where I can run (or walk, as the case is) instead of getting cornered, thank you!


....Where oh where has the little *wince* Slendy gone....Oh where *choke* Oh where can he beeeeee *sobs*

The next several minutes would seem boring in any other game. Just me walking through the woods, nothing really happening, save for a single page, found on a large silo, that just so happened to have the Slend on the other side of it. But the whole time the hair on the back of my neck was standing at attention. I knew I was being followed, I could feel it. Occasionally I would turn to look behind me, the crackle of static telling me he was still on my tail. Sometimes my curiosity would be rewarded with a quick, sharp change in music and a glimpse of Slenderman.

Then my flashlight died. Balls. Balls balls balls balls. Balls.

I bumbled around the darkness for about 10 minutes until I bumped into a large blue tanker truck. A page! Score!!!

*Tap tap tap tap* Oh hai Slendy. No, you don't have spinach between your teeth, you don't need to shove your face in mine when you catch me.

*Sigh*.

Check back in tomorrow, I'm not done with this skinny bastard. DOM!!!!!

1 comment: