Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday Madness: Back Into Darkness

Back to Lordran I go, where I'll die first, nobody knows!!

It's the Asylum Demon. I died first to the Asylum Demon.

Admittedly I probably shouldn't have picked a fight with him literally five minutes into the game, as broken swords have a tendency to be quite poor weapons when used against giant flabby harbingers of doom.

So I scrapped myself off the bonfire floor and explored a bit, finding the estus flasks (R.I.P. Oscar), a shield and a sword in the process, as well as a key to a passage above the Demon.

I may have missed out on getting the jump on the demon, but it didn't stop me from whooping his infernal ass in round two.

It really didn't take me very long to pick the game back up, far less than I was anticipating. I still fumble with which buttons do what, but you can't make an omelet without accidentally cracking a few humanity. Or eggs. Man that's a nasty omelet...

I had forgotten just how beautiful and dreary the game is. I had also forgotten about the creepy chuckle that every single NPC just has to finish their dialogue with.

...Heh.....um....

Shut up, guy. You only live by my grace, and my grace alone.

I'm running a warrior this time through, slightly less beefy in the defense department compared to a knight, but so far she's holding her own.

So far.

No comments:

Post a Comment