Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Frackin' Fractals

New Fractals have come to Tyria and Guild Wars 2, and with their arrival I decided to finally try them.

They certainly weren't what I expected.

meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow 

I mean, who expects to fight giant cat golems? Who? I didn't. Nor did I expect to bow to a billion story tall man-statue, dance with holograms, or get eaten by swarms of piranha. But by gum those things happened.

Fractals are more or less like the dungeons of the game, but rather than following the story mode followed by three separate explorable paths model, Fractals consist of three individual instances, generally unrelated to each other, and each with a mini-boss and a treasure chest at the end. After completing one you are teleported to the next, and so on. After the third instance you enter a fourth, consisting of a larger boss. 

And what a pain in the tail they are. My first boss was a giant, and I mean freaking huge, tentical...thing. I don't really know what it was, but it was big, covered in tenticals, had one ginormous dripping eye that haunted my nightmares and waking mind for about three days afterward.

I think tonight I might try and...What's this? A gift on Steam? 

STARBOUND!! I GOT STARBOUND!!!! TEARRIA IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!

Come, Meatliver, the universe awaits!!

Seriously. Started up character creation, and the game named me Meatliver. Who am I to mess with perfection? 

Thanks John!




1 comment:

  1. Loved this one. So glad your happy and can't wait to see the next post.

    ReplyDelete