Monday, March 31, 2014

Updaaaaate

I've mentioned before that Aaron and I are making our own card game. The game, Employee of the Month, pits coworker against coworker to earn the praises of the customers.

The whole project has been a massive learning experience for the both of us. Aaron has had to take his video game designing knowledge and twist it to fit the table top genre and I've had to draw a whole lotta pictures.

Like, seriously, alot.

All of this hard work is finally paying off. I'm happy to announce we're in the home stretch. Most of the cards are done and those that aren't are being finalized.

The game has come a long way from scraps of paper shoved into Magic card sleeves.

Like, seriously a long way

It's been a hard road and while the end is in sight it's still a long way off.

As I've said, its been a learning experience, so we've both done alot of bumbling around. Draw a picture, color it, finalize it, and whoops it doesn't fit. Create a few pictures to be used as icons (see angry red face above) only to learn they won't work. In some cases I'll have finished a picture only to learn that card was being left out of the final game.

As much as I complain (and I do complain) I really don't have it nearly as hard as Aaron. On top of actually creating the game poor guy's the one who has to put all the cards together, a process I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Right now our biggest hurdle is trying to balance the customer cards, something that's thrown us since day one. Balance it one way and every customer's a cake walk. Balance it another and suddenly it's round 57 and nobody has yet to earn anything.

Despite the balancing setback the game's thiiiiiis close to completion, so be sure to keep an eye out for the big announcement, and wish us luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment