Monday, March 10, 2014

Dejamon

After two attempts and 40 minutes of pressing the A button as fast as my thumb could bear I was Finally back on track. I had Mr. Pokemon's egg (but sadly no skillet).

The next few hours became a blur. Zephyr Badge, mine. Grind grind grind grind. Level grind in the grass. Level grind through a cave. Level grind all over Team Rocket's face.

It's about this time that I realize just how...off my team is. I've got my evolved starter, Quilava, a Hoot Hoot, an apparently inedible egg, a Magicarp, and a bitch Rattata (my HM dump), who hasn't gained more than two levels since his capture. Be the very best indeed.

Despite the obvious... shortcomings of my team we still manage to win our battles, making friends along the way, a fact I'm beginning to regret.

See, I have a neat little gadget called a Pokegear, which is kind of a smart phone with like 5 apps, and also kinda like a paperweight. It can tune in to the radio, show me a world map, and even make calls. It can also receive calls.

Which is a problem.



Between Youngster Joey and my mother my Pokegear is forever glued to my digital ear, besieged by tales of Rattatas and failed Hoot Hoot capturings.

Couple more blurred hours later and I'm now the indifferent owner of three badges, a Gyrados, a Vulpix, and a Togapi (which admittedly looks far tastier post-hatching).

Maybe I could use some of those berries, after all. Anyone got a recipe for a good marinade?

No comments:

Post a Comment